Monday, April 4, 2016

Aurora Wings Challenge Blog #26: Make a Wish



Happy Sping everyone!!! The sun is shining here and its already a balmy 10C outside at 9am!! I love this time of year!! I have another shadow box to show you today.. the last 1 I promise!! My boss has been bugging me for a piece of art to display in the restaurant. We have contract with one of the local art galleries to display local artists work on our wall and for some reason that crazy woman thinks I should be up there too! Lol! Although I doubt mine will sell for anything near what the other artists are selling for it still fills me heart that she would ask!
So without further ado I give you:


A little closer up...

Without any glare off the glass...

 A close up of the sentiment-- I picked this because to me the image is very dream like!! The days of masquerades is long gone especially in gorgeous ball gowns like this! And if its not-- its way to rich for this family! LOL

A close up of just the image

First mat...

Double matted....

And there you have it! That's this months creation! I can only wish that its recieved with as much love as it was made with!!

Materials used:
Tim Holtzs Black soot and Dried Marigold distress inks
CTMH Black and Sapphire cardstocks
CTMH Sapphire ink
White Paint pen
CTMH Liquid glass- dew drops on petals
Viva Precious Metals- Silver-- stars in the sky
Metal Butterflies
Recollections pearls
Kit and Clowder- Elements of Nature Class-- taught me how to color those beautiful lillies!!!
Recollections Navy Blue vinyl


Copics used:
Skin: E000,00,04,11,21
Hair: E39,37,35
Clothes: B27,24,23,21
Lillies: E15,YR09,04,02
Leaves: G29,05, YG23,03
Yellow flowers: E11,Y17,15,13
Sky: N6, colorless blender

Now off you go to Make a Wish and make sure you join us at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog to show off your work and enter to win some prizes!!




8 comments:

  1. This is just simply stunning Sara, I love how you've created this beautiful shadow box, the flowers frame the beautiful image perfectly. Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh, you know how I LOVE your gorgeous shadow boxes, Sara! What amazing coloring on Mitzi'd intricate image. Sooo dramatic! Love your quote and gorgeous flowers, too. Happy Birthday to you! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done my friend! I feel like Rob and I need to have a meal out so we can see this on the wall :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous shadowbox from you, Sara!! The colors here are so vibrant and lush, and your coloring on this complex image is stunning!! Love the quote, too. How cool is that to have this up on a wall at a restaurant?? Thank you for the stunning inspiration for our new challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!! Love your superb colouring on this gorgeous image.. those lilies are sooo special.. and the black background is just perfect to pop up the images.. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfull image so beautifully coloured. The flowers are always such a nice add to the frame, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in aw of your coloring skills Sara! I have this image as well and I am scared to death to even try it! haha!! You are AMAZING! xx
    Inky Hugs,
    DT Cristena xx
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colouring on this image is awesome, just love how those lilies look, beautiful x

    ReplyDelete