Sunday, November 1, 2015

Mixed Media Book

My little neice is turning 2 in a few weeks so I wanted to make her something special... My oldest daughter said we should make her a book... A book you say?? Well I think I have the technology to create that... Its nothing crazy fancy but we had so much fun creating this little book just for her!!


I used Saturated Canaries "Lion" for the image and colored her with copics.
I used acrylic paint, modelling paste, CTMH Liquid Glass, Bo Bunny Liquid pearl, Stickles, Color Bloom mists, some Tim Holtz embellisments and some flowers from my stash.

 
My oldest colored this first page for her and practiced her writing too!!






 We designed and cut all the pages with my Cricut explore. Then we taped the pages together and laminated them up! Which the little one had so much fun helping me do!!

I also used my explore to create the stencil I used for both the front and back covers.
When all the pages were done we borrow my bestie Wandas cinch and bound it all together!

All in all I would say it turned out great!! We had a few mistakes along the way and learned a few things but that's half the fun right!!


1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I love the inside pages just as much as the cover! Awesome job on coloring that first page and writing your letters Skyla. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete