Friday, April 17, 2015

Glass Frosted Mug

My daughter guitar teacher stepped outside the norm by agreeing to teach her... most won't take kids on till they are 6 or so. She is 4. And has no decided to try something new... But I had to make him a Thank You Gift...
 
To create this I took a dollar store mason mug. Designed the image on Cricut Design Space and cut it on vinyl. I then used Martha Stewart Glass Frosting Paint and dabbed it over the image. I pulled the vinyl off right away and used my cricut pick to do some cleaning up where the paint smudged. I let it sit over night and then put it in the cold over, turned it on to 350, when it reached 350 I set the timer for 30min. When the timer went off I turned the oven off and left the mug in there for about 4 hours. The baking process is what cures the paint and it is now dishwasher safe according to the instructions.
 
These instructions are attempt number two's. Not what I did the first time. LOL
 
I think it turned out great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment